Mater has partnered with the Australian College of Nurses (ACN) to bring you an opportunity to continue your professional development. The Refresher Program for Registered Nurses is designed to enable students to draw on the nurse’s previous nursing experience and qualifications and to build on that by providing an introduction to the contemporary requirements of the current day nurse. This includes a nurse who demonstrates professional practice, critical thinking and analysis, provision and coordination of care and collaborative and therapeutic practice.
The theoretical component compromising of the online learning modules must be undertaken at pre commencement and the clinical component which includes assessment of clinical competence will be commenced thereafter. The clinical component will be 120 hours in duration. Upon successful completion of the online course ACN will provide the participant with a certificate.
On completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) Standards for practice 2016
- Perform holistic patient-centred care in an acute care clinical setting
- Demonstrate safe practice in medication administration by a variety of routes
- Participate in nursing inquiry/evidence-based research to make informed clinical decisions
- Identify the value of diversity and cultural safety within the healthcare workplace