Simulation Education Coordinator, Mater Education
Alison is an Education Coordinator – Simulation with Mater Education, Brisbane, Australia. Her role currently oversees a simulation based neonatal resuscitation program, neonatal point-of-care simulation and a suite of simulation faculty development programs and short courses.
Alison is passionate about improving the knowledge and skills of health professional educators in simulation as a methodology for encouraging professionals to reflect on skills, knowledge and behaviours that drive outcomes in their everyday work. Her interests in simulation go beyond the educational benefit that simulation has for participants, to the use of simulation as a tool to empower staff to improve the quality and safety of processes, standards and work practices to ensure optimal patient care.
Affiliations & memberships
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Health Science (Clinical Education)
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Nursing (Neonatal Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Flexible Learning and Simulation for Healthcare Professionals
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Completed the Evidence in Practice Clinical Fellowship Program through the Mater Evidence in Practice Unit
- Member of the Australian College of Neonatal Nurses (ACNN)