Education Coordinator—Simulation, Mater Education
Alison is a registered nurse and clinical educator who has worked extensively in neonatal care settings.
As an Education Coordinator—Simulation for Mater Education, Alison oversees the facility’s simulation-based neonatal advanced resuscitation program, neonatal point-of-care simulation program and a suite of other simulation-based continuing professional development programs and short courses.
On a daily basis she witnesses the value of simulation-based education for learning new skills, testing systems, processes and workflows, and rehearsing high-risk events in order to prepare for every eventuality.
Alison is passionate about simulation as a methodology for its ability to go beyond traditional clinical education and training; encouraging healthcare professionals to reflect on their skills, knowledge and behaviours to drive everyday improvements in the work they do.
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Health Science (Clinical Education)
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Nursing (Neonatal Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Flexible Learning and Simulation for Healthcare Professionals
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Completed the Evidence in Practice Clinical Fellowship Program through the Mater Evidence in Practice Unit
- Member of the Australian College of Neonatal Nurses (ACNN)
- Secretary of the Education Special Interest Group of the Australian College of Neonatal Nurses (ACNN)
- Member of Simulation Australasia
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators (ANZAHPE)