Chief Executive Officer, Mater Education
Donna Bonney is committed to innovation in health and medical education.
As Chief Executive Officer of Mater’s unique education and training function she leads a diverse team of multidisciplinary education professionals and oversees a wide variety of professional and cultural development programs as well as Vocational Education and Training programs. These include several nationally recognised qualifications.
Donna has more than 25 years’ experience as a clinician, educator, manager, and leader in both public and private healthcare organisations. Her clinical area of practice is emergency care—both adult and paediatric.
In her role as Mater Education CEO she is also responsible for planning and delivery of the Mater Group teaching and learning strategy; a strategy designed to build a culture of high-quality education, clinical training, and professional development across the Mater Group network of campuses.
Key areas of focus for Donna include simulation-based education and system improvement, Continuing Professional Development for health professionals, leadership and management development, as well as improving integration of training through positive partnering with other education and training providers.
She is passionate about embedding interprofessional education, the development of strong communication and teamwork behaviours, and innovative experiential learning to improve service delivery and patient safety in healthcare.
- Master of Nursing (Advanced Clinical Education)
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Emergency Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing (Distinction)
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Certificate IV in Project Management
Affiliations & memberships
- Adjunct Professor University of Queensland (UQ) School of Medicine
- Adjunct Associate Professor UQ School of Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedicine and Social Work
- Clinical Associate Professor with Australian Catholic University
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Board for Jobs Queensland