Dr Sarah Janssens
Clinical Simulation Director, Mater Education
Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Mater Mothers’ Hospital
Sarah is the Mater Clinical Simulation Director and an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at the Mater Mothers’ Hospital. Her work ranges from using simulation to enhance procedural skills to improving leadership and teamwork in emergency situations.
In 2017, Sarah spent six months completing a simulation fellowship at the Center for Medical Simulation in Boston. Her doctoral research explores how clinicians share leadership in health care emergencies.
Sarah is the chair of the RANZCOG simulation training advisory group where she is a strong advocate for simulation based training at a national level.
Affiliations & memberships
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, University of Queensland
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists
- Member of the Academy of Surgical Educators
- Member Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy Society
- Member Society for Simulation in Healthcare