Program Lead—Speaking With Good Judgement, Mater Education
Jo brings a wealth of knowledge in the field of healthcare ethics and interprofessional education to her role as Program Lead for Mater Education’s cultural change program, Speaking With Good Judgement (SWGJ).
She is a registered nurse—specialising in trauma and burns intensive care nursing, holds a Master of Bioethics, and in 2015 published the textbook ‘Foundations of Healthcare Ethics: Theory to Practice’ with Cambridge University Press under her maiden name of Grainger.
As the SWGJ Program Lead Jo coordinates the implementation of the SWGJ Foundations, Coach and Instructor Program at Mater and manages and collaborates with the SWGJ team to achieve required project outcomes, while playing an active part in instruction within the Program’s core deliverables.
In addition to her role at Mater Education, Jo is studying a Doctorate of Education. As part of this she is developing a curriculum for interprofessional education for health professionals that would like to become clinical educators.
In 2017 Jo was made an Honorary Academic Fellow of the Australian Catholic University Faculty of Health Sciences for her role in leadership, culture, and ethics in post graduate high performance sport education.
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Nursing)
- Grad Dip Advanced Nursing (Critical Care)
- Grad Cert Higher Education
- Master of Bioethics
- Doctor of Education (candidate)
- Australian College of Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Honor Society of Nursing
- Pellegrino Fellow, Centre for Bioethics, Georgetown, University Washington DC
- Honorary Academic Fellow, Faculty of Health Sciences, Australian Catholic University
- Mater Human Research Ethics Committee