Learning and Development Director, Mater Education
Head of Discipline - Diploma of Nursing, Mater Education
Katherine is highly experienced and results-oriented, with 25 years' nursing experience caring for patients within military, private and public health care environments nationally and internationally.
In her current role, Katherine oversees all continuation of professional development with the latest, engaging, evidence based education and healthcare practice. Katherine is also responsible for managing the experience of > 2000 undergraduate students at Mater, as they transition from students to clinicians via graduate nursing and midwifery programs.
Katherine is passionate that each moment matters and each member of the healthcare team is important for consistently excellent patient centred care. Education is the key to unlocking individual's potential and the fundamental driver in the pursuit of excellence – individually and collectively.
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Graduate Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety
- Graduate Diploma of Critical Care Nursing
- Master of Education
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
Affiliations & memberships
- Member of the Catholic Health Australia (CHA) Director of Nursing and Midwifery Committee
- Member of the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Committee (ANMAC) Strategic Accreditation Advisory Committee