Learning and Development Director, Mater Education
Head of Discipline: Diploma of Nursing, Mater Education
Katherine is a results-oriented clinical education professional with an extensive background in nursing.
During her 25 year nursing career she has worked within public and private healthcare environments, locally, nationally and internationally.
In her role as Mater Education’s Learning and Development Director Katherine oversees more than 2000 undergraduate students. Her intent is to work collaboratively with education partners as well as Mater clinicians and leaders to ensure the seamless transition from student to clinician through Transition to Professional Practice Programs.
The role also encompasses the design, delivery and continuous improvement of engaging, evidence-based continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities.
In addition to her role as Learning and Development Director Katherine is Head of Discipline for Mater Education’s Diploma of Nursing program.
Katherine works with an ethos of education being the key to unlocking individual potential and a fundamental driver in the pursuit of excellence.
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Graduate Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety
- Graduate Diploma of Critical Care Nursing
- Master of Education
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Member of the Catholic Health Australia (CHA) Director of Nursing and Midwifery Committee
- Member of the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Committee Strategic Advisory Committee