Director Practice Development, Mater Education
Marlene Redelinghuys believes the regular delivery of strategically-led learning and development opportunities in interprofessional healthcare settings is critical to achieving excellence in patient care and improved health outcomes.
With more than 25 years’ experience as a nurse and midwife, educator, manager and leader in national and international healthcare organisations, she is passionate about optimising interprofessional learning and development in healthcare on a daily basis.
As Director of Practice Development at Mater Education, Marlene leads a diverse team of education professionals who are focused on creating innovative education opportunities internally and externally for multi-professional clinical and non-clinical environments.
She is also responsible for the delivery of evidence-based practice development solutions and simulation programs which are designed to improve interprofessional learning and collaboration across healthcare contexts.
Marlene’s role is fundamental to the planning and implementation of Mater Education’s strategic and operational goals.
- Master of Education (Leadership and Management) (Distinction)
- Graduate Certificate in Flexible Learning and Simulation for Healthcare Professionals (Distinction)
- Bachelor of Arts in Nursing Science (Dual Degree) in Health Services Management and Nursing Education (Distinction)
- Advanced Diploma in Health Services Management (Distinction)
- Diploma in Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing Science (Distinction)
- Diploma in Nursing (General, Psychiatric and Community Nursing) and Midwifery (Distinction)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate in Interprofessional Education and Care
- Member of the Catholic Health Australia (CHA) Learning and Development Working Group
- Member of the University of Queensland Educating Health Professionals in Interprofessional Care Working Group