Simulation Manager, Mater Education
Sharon brings extensive experience in clinical care and the advancement of professional practice to her role as Simulation Manager.
Trained as a nurse and midwife, she has spent more than three decades building an intricate understanding of healthcare team dynamics and the impact functionality within these teams has on patient outcomes.
For the past 10 years Sharon’s work has focused on facilitation and coordination of undergraduate, postgraduate and immersive interprofessional simulation programs.
In her role as Simulation Manager for Mater Education she is responsible for program development, delivery, and operationalisation of simulation-based activities within the facility and across Mater’s hospitals.
Sharon has a keen interest in communication and debriefing for healthcare professionals as a key element of simulation-based education. She has presented on this topic at both national and international medical conferences.
- Registered Nurse and Midwife (Grad Dip)
- Postgraduate BN Specialty (Hons) in Quality and Safety
- Institute for Medical Simulation Instructor
- Flexible Learning and Simulation (Grad Cert)
- Certificate IV in Training and Education
- Member of the Executive Committee for the Australian Society for Simulation In Healthcare (ASSH)