Acting Director Simulation, Mater Education
Education Lead-Speaking with Good Judgement, Mater Education
Stephanie is taking the benefits of simulation training beyond direct healthcare delivery; applying the innovative mode of learning across the whole organisation.
In her role as Education Lead—Speaking With Good Judgement, Stephanie implements the innovative Speaking With Good Judgement (SWGJ) program which is designed to create an important cultural and transformational shift through educational development that empowers all staff to have open conversations, regardless of status.
The Mater Education SWGJ program employs a debriefing approach and simulation-based education. Through the use of transparent and respectful communication it promotes a culture of voicing concerns about unsafe practice, shortcuts in service delivery, and unprofessional behaviour.
One of the program’s key differentiators is its focus on not simply teaching ‘the sending of the message’ but importantly also ‘how to receive speaking up and feedback messages’ for the creation of a psychologically safe workplace.
As a registered nurse and midwife, Stephanie loves combining her passion for critical care nursing with her work in simulation-based education.
She is currently undertaking research into new applications of simulation education for improved consumer safety in healthcare.
- Masters of Science (Research) - Current
- Bachelor of Nursing Science
- Post Graduate Certificate of Nursing Science (Intensive Care)
- Masters of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Post Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- International Simulation Research Fellow, Center for Medical Simulation, Boston, MA (2017)
- Member of Australian Society for Simulation in Health Care (ASSH)
- Member of Society of Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)