Mater Education, in collaboration with Mater Children’s Private Brisbane, is proud to offer a suite of courses for carers, educators, coaches or support workers in the community that may care for or support children with higher care needs. The courses have been developed by a highly qualified team including paediatric nursing clinicians and paediatric educators who train Mater’s exceptional staff.
Each course will equip participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to care for children with various needs including:
- Care and management of children with epilepsy
- Care and management of children with type one diabetes
- Paediatric asthma management and anaphylaxis in children
- Tracheostomy care and management in children
- Ostomy, stoma and gastrostomy care in children
- Developmental delay and spectrum disorders in children.
The suite of six courses runs over three months with two courses per month. Participants can attend one course (half day) or two courses (full day) each month.