There is a national epidemic of prescription opioid consumption.
This interactive seminar will bring together health professionals with an interest in opioid stewardship to address this challenge and consider a interprofessional strategy for perioperative analgesia and reducing opioid prescribing.
Topics during the seminar will include:
- Raising awareness of the misuse of opioids in the community
- Effective perioperative analgesia
- Non-pharmacological analgesia strategies
- Managing patient’s expectations
- Managing the difficult pain patient
- How to improve communication between hospitals and GPs