This one day interactive workshop enables healthcare professionals to refresh, update and develop evidence based knowledge and skills on caring for patients with respiratory diseases with acute, surgical and chronic conditions.
Through simulation and clinical skills practice, the workshop will assist participants in gaining an understanding about Non Invasive Ventilation (NIV), High Flow Oxygen, humidification therapies and escalation of the deteriorating respiratory patient.
- Review important respiratory anatomy and physiology
- Discuss and practice interpreting arterial blood gases
- Explain and discuss the management of patients experiencing respiratory disorders
- Outline the common respiratory medication currently being prescribed for COPD
- Explain and discuss Type 1 & 2 Respiratory Failure
- Review chest X-rays of common respiratory failure patients
- Provide opportunities for participants to gain a sound understanding about NIV, high flow oxygen and the deteriorating respiratory patient.
|24 Apr 2019