Participants in the program will have the opportunity to:
- learn how to implement evidence in practice
- develop skills in clinical audit
- gain experience in project management, proposal writing, implementation strategies and making professional presentations
- submit their finished project to national and/or international conferences and journals.
The fellowship program is an extension of the Nursing Research Centre workshop Finding evidence for your clinical practice and policies, focussing on project development and implementation of evidence using audit and feedback, to improve clinical practice.
Results and posters of individual projects will be presented to Mater staff at the annual Nursing Research Centre’s International Nurses/Midwives Day Seminar.
The course includes two workshop days:
1. Translating evidence into clinical practice
- introduction to evidence translation
- identify a clinical problem/issue
- identify audit criteria from the evidence and begin planning the project
- sample and data collection methods
- analyse the clinical context
- prepare timeline to complete project objectives
2. Implementing evidence based practice
- introduction to barriers and implementation strategies
- develop plan for own unit by identifying:
- strategies to overcome barriers
- use of EB implementation strategies