This one day interactive workshop enables healthcare professionals to refresh, update and develop evidence based knowledge and skills on caring for patients with respiratory diseases with acute, surgical and chronic conditions.
Through simulation and clinical skills practice, the workshop will assist participants in gaining an understanding about Non Invasive Ventilation (NIV), High Flow Oxygen, humidification therapies and escalation of the deteriorating respiratory patient.
- Review important respiratory anatomy and physiology
- Review chest X-rays of common respiratory failure patients
- Discuss and practice interpreting arterial blood gases
- Provide opportunities for participants to gain a sound understanding about NIV, Humidified High Flow Oxygen therapies and program parameters/alarms
- Discuss the management of patients experiencing respiratory disorders
- Exlpore common respiratory medications prescribed for COPD patients