This interprofessional course is designed for clinicians working in critical care areas or those expected to lead a team during a medical emergency.
It’s held in a realistic clinical environment in our world-class medical simulation facility, and facilitated by our educational and simulation experts.
This full-day (eight hour) course will give you skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- management of the deteriorating patient
- advanced airway management
- rhythm interpretation
- effective and safe defibrillation
- delivery of care in accordance to ARC guidelines and algorithms (Not an Accredited Course Centre registered with the ARC)
- crisis resource management theory and application through immersive simulation
- emergency drugs, including intraosseous insertion and management
- skill stations and scenario-based learning in a high-fidelity simulation centre
- reflecting on practice
- post-resuscitation care and considerations.
This course has both theoretical and practical assessment components.