This online program has been developed to provide GPs with additional skills to manage patients with complex diabetes who are not achieving or maintaining good control. It also covers assessment and management of microvascular complications.
The successful completion of this online program provides documentation to enable GPs with a Special Interest (GPwSI) in Diabetes to work in diabetes ‘beacon’ clinics.
This course provides an overview of a best-practice approach to GP diabetes management including:
- selection of appropriate oral hypoglycaemics
- key management issues in commencing insulin in a community setting
- assessment and management of micro-vascular complications of diabetes
- skills and approaches GPs require to help their patients and communities to succeed in lifestyle review and modification
- working effectively with secondary care.