Mater Education developed the Novice Obstetrics and Gynaecology Prevocational Interactive Clinical Education (NOVICE) course specifically for:
- registered medical officers (RMOs)
- principle house officers (PHOs)
- junior registrars who want to improve their skills in obstetrics and gynaecology procedures.
As a participant you’ll first need to complete some pre-reading. Then, during the course, you’ll observe and perform a variety of obstetrics and gynaecology procedures on realistic simulators, and receive real-time feedback from an experienced instructor.
These procedures include:
- normal and instrumental birth
- vaginal examination
- scalp electrodes and sampling
- management of vaginal breech birth
- post-partum haemorrhage
- shoulder dystocia
- IUD insertion
- endometrial sampling
- hysteroscopy and laparoscopy.
The course includes an immersive simulated obstetric scenario (with debriefing), and will end with a discussion on how to pursue a career in obstetrics and gynaecology.
By participating in this course you’ll be eligible for one point on the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (RANZCOG) training program application.
There are no assessments.