The Paediatric Life Support (PLS) program is for clinicians of all levels who:
- work with paediatric patients
- are in Medical Emergency or Code Blue teams.
This course gives you the knowledge and skills you need to respond to and function effectively in a paediatric medical emergency. It’s held in a realistic clinical environment, and facilitated by our educational and simulation experts.
During the program you’ll learn skills and knowledge including:
- basic and advanced airway management
- rhythm interpretation, and effective and safe defibrillation
- delivery of care in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and algorithms
- immersive simulations with application of Crisis Resource Management (CRM) principles
- reflection on practice
- alignment with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHSS).
Who should complete this program?
- Registered and enrolled nurses
- Medical officers
- General practitioners