The combined Advanced Life Support (ALS) Recertification and Paediatric Life Support (PLS) program is designed for clinicians of all levels who:
- work with both adult and paediatric patients
- are members of a Medical Emergency or Code Blue team.
During the program you’ll learn adult and paediatric skills and knowledge including:
- basic and advanced airway management
- rhythm interpretation, and effective and safe defibrillation
- delivery of care in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and algorithms
- immersive simulations with application of Crisis Resource Management (CRM) principles
- reflection on practice
- alignment with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHSS) standards one to eight.