This interprofessional course is designed for clinicians working in critical care areas or those expected to lead a team during a medical emergency.
It’s held in a realistic clinical environment in our world-class medical simulation facility, and facilitated by our educational and simulation experts.
Certification is a full-day (eight-hour) course. If you’re a clinician who has been certified within the past two years you can undergo recertification, which will take four hours to complete (recertification is also available in combination with PLS).
The skills and knowledge you’ll learn during this course include:
- management of the deteriorating patient
- advanced airway management
- rhythm interpretation
- effective and safe defibrillation
- delivery of care in accordance to ARC guidelines and algorithms
- crisis resource management theory and application through immersive simulation
- emergency drugs, including intraosseous insertion and management
- skill stations and scenario-based learning in a high-fidelity simulation centre
- reflecting on practice
- post-resuscitation care and considerations.
This course has both theoretical and practical assessment components.