Mater Education wants everyone enrolled into the program to have every opportunity to succeed at their study. Our program is dynamic, and delivered in a way that caters to all learning styles.
When applications are open, you will need to complete an online application including:
1. addressing the following three criteria:
- What motivates you to pursue a career in healthcare at this time?
- Why do you think the Mater Education program would suit you?
- How do you plan to balance your life, work and full-time study commitments while undertaking the individual support program?
2. details of your work history and voluntary experience
3. details of any prior education, including copies of any qualifications, statements of attainment or a transcript of completed study and/or your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education awarded for the completion of year 12.
Applicants that address the defined criteria as published and whose answers are clear and informative will progress to the next stage.
Stage 1: To set you up for success, we'll ask you to undergo a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) evaluation before starting the program. The LLN evaluation will give us an insight into your reading, writing and numeracy skills, and help us plan any extra support you may need to succeed in the program.
Stage 2: Applicants who display competence at or above Exit Level 2 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy will be invited to an interview, and complete a written assessment at Mater Education.
To work in the healthcare sector you need to be responsible, physically fit, mentally alert and practical. You also need to be able to carry out all of the physical activities that are a part of caring for someone.
Certificates and permits
Confirmation of your enrolment as an Individual Support student is subject to the completion of a criminal history check (Fit2Work).
You need to be immunised, or in the process of being vaccinated, for the following communicable diseases:
If you are applying for credit for your First Aid certification your CPR currency must be up to date for the duration of the program.
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Seasonal vaccinations (influenza) as required.