CMS Simulation as a Teaching Tool
Simulation as a Teaching Tool is hosted by Mater Education, and delivered by the Center for Medical Simulation through its Institute of Medical Simulation instructor training program.
This intensive four-day training program is designed to develop your skills in delivering safe and effective simulation-based learning.
Drawing on the disciplines of aviation, healthcare, psychology, experiential learning and organisational behaviour, you’ll learn how to teach clinical, behavioural and cognitive skills through simulation.
You’ll explore simulator-based teaching methods applicable across the healthcare education spectrum, including undergraduate and graduate medical, nursing and allied health domains.
Key topics include:
- patient simulation: history and context
- operating a simulation program
- creating a challenging and safe learning environment
- teaching critical thinking and skills
- teaching teamwork and crisis resource management
- developing debriefing skills
- preparing, building, conducting and debriefing realistic simulation scenarios
- avoiding simulation pitfalls and ineffective debriefing techniques
- introducing behavioural and educational research paradigms
- advancing simulation within your institution.
This four-day workshop is hosted at Mater Education Practice Improvement Centre (MEPIC), and facilitated by Center for Medical Simulation faculty.
$6 400 (incl. GST)
Welcome function, breakfast, lunch, refreshments and a group dinner.
Mater Education is an Affiliate Partner of the internationally renowned Center for Medical Simulation (CMS) in Boston, USA. As the only Affiliate Partner in Australia and one of only three in the world, Mater Education and its alumni have an exclusive level of access to the resources, skills, advice and experience of a team who are international leaders in the field of clinical simulation.
South BrisbaneOne day
Advanced Life Support (ALS)
This interprofessional course is designed for clinicians working in critical care areas or those expected to lead a team during a medical emergency.
South BrisbaneOne day
Antenatal and Birth Suite Clinical Skills
In this hands-on, one-day program, participants will refresh their theoretical knowledge and practice foundational skills in caring for maternity patients.