Critical Care Echocardiography Course
Echocardiographic imaging is a vital assessment tool for doctors working in critical care settings, often providing rapid diagnostic information not assessable by physical examination which can lead to improved therapeutic management at the bedside.
The Mater Education Critical Care Endocardiography workshop is an intensive short-form training program designed to arm participants with critical care-focused echocardiographic imaging and interpretation skills. The workshop is an approved College of Intensive Care Medicine (CICM) course and is delivered by our team of experienced critical care clinicians and sonographers.
Working in small groups participants will undertake both theory and practice-based learning to leave the workshop competent in focused critical care echocardiography (2D Echo). The workshop also provides a strong understanding of more advanced echocardiographic features, such as colour flow imaging, Doppler ultrasound studies and advanced haemodynamic calculations.
Who should attend?
Our Critical Care Endocardiography workshop is designed for health professionals who use echocardiography in their clinical practice , such as doctors, medical officers and anaesthetists working in high dependency, critical care and intensive care environments as well as rural and remote health care professionals.
This two day hands-on workshop is delivered by highly skilled and experienced critical care clinicians and sonographers.
The first day will cover the following topics:
- Ultrasound physics and equipment
- Transthoracic echocardiographic views and imaging planes
- Colour flow imaging, Doppler studies
The second day will cover the following topics:
- Echocardiographic assessment of valvular function
- 2D echo (LV, RV, pericardium and fluid status)
Following the completion of the workshop, a post-course quiz will be distributed online.
College of Intensive Care Medicine (CICM) CPD Registration
- Lectures: Category 2A, 1 point per hour.
- Facilitated discussions and workshops: Category 2B, 2 points per hour.
- Skill stations/hands on sessions with feedback: Category 3B, 3 points per hour.
Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) CPD points
- Lectures: Knowledge and Skills category 'Learning sessions' at 1 credit per hour.
- Hands-on workshop: Knowledge and skills category 'Short format learning’ at 2 credits per hour.
South BrisbaneOne day
Advanced Life Support (ALS)
Advanced Life Support (ALS) training arms clinicians with the skills they need to provide urgent treatment when faced with cardiac emergencies such as cardiac arrest, stroke, and myocardial infarction.
South BrisbaneOne day
Antenatal and Birth Suite Clinical Skills
The Mater Education Antenatal and Birth Suite Clinical Skills course is designed to arm participants with the theoretical knowledge and foundational skills needed to deliver exceptional birthing care.