Critical Care Echocardiography Course
This two day workshop aims to address focused echocardiography in critical care. The workshop is an approved College of Intensive Care Medicine (CICM) course, with syllabus covering focused critical care echocardiography (2D echo), as well as an overview of more advanced echocardiographic features such as colour flow imaging, Doppler studies and advanced haemodynamic calculations.
Delivered by highly skilled experienced critical care clinicians and sonographers, this hands-on workshop is delivered in small groups with a high number of faculty and a large proportion of the course dedicated to scanning.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for health professionals who use echocardiography in their clinical practice, such as doctors, anaesthetists and medical officers.
This two day hands-on workshop is delivered by highly skilled and experienced critical care clinicians and sonographers.
The first day will cover the following topics:
- Ultrasound physics and equipment
- Transthoracic echocardiographic views and imaging planes
- Colour flow imaging, Doppler studies
The second day will cover the following topics:
- Echocardiographic assessment of valvular function
- 2D echo (LV, RV, pericardium and fluid status)
Following the completion of the workshop, a post-course quiz will be distributed online.
College of Intensive Care Medicine (CICM) CPD Registration
- Lectures: Category 2A, 1 point per hour.
- Facilitated discussions and workshops: Category 2B, 2 points per hour.
- Skill stations/hands on sessions with feedback: Category 3B, 3 points per hour.
Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) CPD points
- Lectures: Knowledge and Skills category 'Learning sessions' at 1 credit per hour.
- Hands-on workshop: Knowledge and skills category 'Short format learning’ at 2 credits per hour.
South BrisbaneOne day
Advanced Life Support (ALS)
This interprofessional course is designed for clinicians working in critical care areas or those expected to lead a team during a medical emergency.
South BrisbaneOne day
Antenatal and Birth Suite Clinical Skills
In this hands-on, one-day program, participants will refresh their theoretical knowledge and practice foundational skills in caring for maternity patients.