In-situ Simulation Workshop
In situ simulation training is a proven approach for improving team performance in busy healthcare environments.
In this customised Mater Education In-Situ Simulation workshop professionals working in a range of clinical and leadership roles will work with our team of simulation training experts to learn how to organise and deliver effective in situ simulation training in the workplace.
Key areas of learning and skills development include:
- learning how to engage key organisational stakeholders, including learners to ensure ‘buy in’ for an in-situ program
- design, geographical, technological, human resource and organisational considerations when conducting an in situ program
- how to create a psychologically safe, in-situ learning environment
- strategies for in-situ debriefing.
Who should attend?
Our In Situ Simulation workshop course is designed for professionals who are responsible for engaging stakeholders and learners in the workplace and who want to build, develop and incorporate in-situ simulation in their workplace.
This eight hour workshop will be delivered using simulation, small group activities and provide networking activities.
- Learn how to engage key organisational stakeholders, including learners to ensure ‘buy in’ for an in-situ program
- Outline the design, geographical, technological, human resource and organisational considerations when conducting an insitu program
- Learn how to create a psychologically safe, in-situ learning environment
- Learn strategies for in-situ debriefing
- Review an evaluation strategy for in-situ simulations
Participants may be able to self-allocate continuing professional development hours as per the requirements of their professional body.
8 am - 4.30 pm
$660 (incl. GST)
South BrisbaneOne day
Advanced Life Support (ALS)
Advanced Life Support (ALS) training arms clinicians with the skills they need to provide urgent treatment when faced with cardiac emergencies such as cardiac arrest, stroke, and myocardial infarction.
South BrisbaneOne day
Antenatal and Birth Suite Clinical Skills
The Mater Education Antenatal and Birth Suite Clinical Skills course is designed to arm participants with the theoretical knowledge and foundational skills needed to deliver exceptional birthing care.