CEO, Mater Education
Donna has more than 25 years’ experience as a clinician, educator, manager and leader in both public and private healthcare organisations.
As CEO, Donna is responsible for delivering numerous health and related qualifications and clinical education programs.
She currently leads a diverse team of multidisciplinary education professionals and is responsible for planning and delivering Mater Group's teaching and learning strategy. The primary areas of focus include simulation-based education and system improvement, Continuing Professional Development for health professionals, leadership and management training, university partnerships and the organisation’s cultural, communication and accountability programs. As CEO of Mater’s Registered Training Organisation, Donna is also responsible for the delivery of several health-related qualifications and other Vocational Education and Training programs.
Donna is passionate about interprofessional education, communication and teamwork behaviours, and using simulation in education, systems and process testing to improve the quality of service delivery and patient safety.
- Master of Nursing (Advanced Clinical Education)
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Emergency Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing (Distinction)
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Certificate IV in Project Management
Affiliations & memberships
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Adjunct Professor University of Queensland (UQ) School of Medicine
- Adjunct Associate Professor UQ School of Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedicine and Social Work
- Clinical Associate Professor with Australian Catholic University