Mater Education is committed to building an exceptional healthcare workforce through excellence and expertise in education. Best-practice health and community care is at the heart of everything we do, and it’s through our hands-on and immersive education that we deliver real-world impacts in healthcare.Find out more
JobTrainer funding is now available for selected courses
Enquire today on 1300 070 350
COVID-19 close contact requirements for students
The latest close contact health direction classifies students at Mater facilities as health workers.
Students who are close contacts are able to attend facilities providing they:
- have tested negative for COVID-19 and on days 2, 4 and 6 during the 7-day period after becoming a close contact – the day of last exposure to
the COVID positive person is Day 0
- do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- have notified their Educator at Mater of their close contact status
- wear a P2 N95 mask when providing direct clinical care to patients
- if they are symptomatic for COVID-19, stay at home and get tested.
Students who test positive for COVID-19 must:
- notify their Educator at Mater as soon as they test positive for COVID-19
- isolate for a minimum of 7 full days after their positive test – the day of your positive test result is Day 0
- students may return to Mater on Day 8 provided they are asymptomatic and have consulted their Educator at Mater – there is no need to retest for COVID-19
- if symptoms persist students should continue to isolate until fully resolved and seek medical advice if required
- on return to Mater, students must wear a mask and take breaks alone until they are past Day 14 of their positive test.
Please see latest guidelines and information at covid19.qld.gov.au
Helping you, to help others
Mater Education is proud to offer rare scholarship opportunities for some eligible students from an Indigenous or refugee background, as well as those facing financial hardship.
South Brisbane18 months
Diploma of Nursing
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to become an Enrolled Nurse (EN) with Mater Education’s Diploma of Nursing program.
TownsvilleSix months (plus optional 10 weeks further study)
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS)
Mater Education is proud to offer a Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) program for senior students who are interested in the health industry.
Through our medical receptionist course, you'll gain the knowledge and skills you need to work in medical reception and administration.