The 14th annual Mater Teaching and Learning Awards were presented at an awards ceremony at Royal on the Park Hotel on Tuesday 2 November.
The awards recognise Mater People who have contributed to the provision of exceptional care at Mater, through their outstanding commitment to learning and development in the areas of health, education and research.
Mater Education CEO Donna Bonney said she was delighted to see so many Mater People come together to recognise and celebrate their peers involvement in education.
“Mater has a very strong commitment to teaching and learning at all levels. It is reflected in our organisational strategy, structure, resourcing and the integration of health, education and research,” Ms Bonney said.
“We received a record 168 nominations for this year’s awards, which is testament to the strong culture we are developing here where all Mater People learn and thrive together,” she said.
Congratulations to the winners of each award:
- CEO Mission Award – Sue Cosgrove
- Excellence in Teaching – Claire Cureton and Richard Mausling
- Clinical Supervisor of the Year – Lucy Lyons
- Excellence in Translating Research into Practice – Sophie Shrapnel
- Sr Eileen Pollard Graduate of the Year – Kate Engelke
- Student of the Year – Kym Ehlers