Mater Education wants everyone enrolled into the program to have every opportunity to succeed at their study. Our program is dynamic, and delivered in a way that caters to all learning styles.
When applications are open, you will need to complete an online application including:
1. Addressing the following three criteria:
- What motivates you to pursue a career in healthcare at this time?
- Why do you think the Mater Education program would suit you?
- How do you plan to balance your life, work and full-time study commitments while undertaking the health administration program?
2. Details of your work history and voluntary experience
3. Details of any prior education, including copies of any qualifications, Statements of Attainment or a transcript of completed study and/or your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education awarded for the completion of year 12.
Applicants that address the defined criteria as published and whose answers are clear and informative will progress to the next stage.
Stage 1: To set you up for success, we'll ask you to undergo a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) evaluation before starting the program. The LLN evaluation will give us an insight into your reading, writing and numeracy skills, and help us plan any extra support you may need to succeed in the program.
Stage 2: Applicants who display competence at or above Exit Level 2 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy will be invited to an interview, and complete a written assessment at Mater Education.
Students will require access to a reliable internet connection enabling access to Mater Education’s virtual learning environment, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player.