Advanced Life Support (ALS)
This interprofessional course is designed for clinicians working in critical care areas or those expected to lead a team during a medical emergency.
It’s held in a realistic clinical environment in our world-class medical simulation facility, and facilitated by our educational and simulation experts.
Who should attend?
This interprofessional course is designed for clinicians working in critical care areas or those expected to lead a team during a medical emergency. This includes registered nurses and midwives, GPs, paramedics and more.
This full-day (eight hour) course will give you skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- management of the deteriorating patient
- advanced airway management
- rhythm interpretation
- effective and safe defibrillation
- delivery of care in accordance to ARC guidelines and algorithms (Not an Accredited Course Centre registered with the ARC)
- crisis resource management theory and application through immersive simulation
- emergency drugs, including intraosseous insertion and management
- skill stations and scenario-based learning in a high-fidelity simulation centre
- reflecting on practice
- post-resuscitation care and considerations.
This course has both theoretical and practical assessment components.
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
40 CPD accredited activity points allocated.
8 am - 4.30 pm
$400 (incl. GST)
Includes access to course manual via our online learning system, lunch and refreshments.
South BrisbaneOne day
Antenatal and Birth Suite Clinical Skills
In this hands-on, one-day program, participants will refresh their theoretical knowledge and practice foundational skills in caring for maternity patients.
South BrisbaneTwo days
The Basic Assessment and Support in Intensive Care (BASIC) course covers the fundamental knowledge and skills required for healthcare professionals working in Intensive Care Units and other critical care environments.