No matter who you are, first aid training provides skills for life. Trained first aiders are able to provide safety and security in a range of emergency situations and have the skills to assist casualties until medical assistance arrives.
The Mater Education First Aid course provides comprehensive first aid training—from learning the fundamentals of common first aid, through to assessing emergency situations and administering CPR. The course is aligned with the Australian Resuscitation Guidelines and is delivered by our team of expert instructors who have built their skills working in the demanding and fast-paced hospital environment.
Who should attend?
Our First Aid course is designed for anyone requiring a First Aid certificate for employment or seeking first-aid knowledge. This includes first-aid organisation personnel, community organisation members, teachers, educators, parents and students.
Note: CPR is included in this First Aid course, therefore you do not need to enrol in both programs. Click here to enrol in CPR only.
During the First Aid course, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge you need to provide a first aid response including:
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic life support for adults and children (using a model of the human body)
- basic health and safety knowledge
- managing casualties, the incident and other first aiders until medical assistance arrives.
You will also learn what to do when someone is:
- in shock
- having a stroke or heart attack
- bitten by a spider or snake
- having an anaphylactic reaction
- having an asthma attack.
HLTAID011 Provide first aid is valid for three years, it's advisable to update the HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation component every year (as recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council).
This practical one-day course runs from 8.30 am - 4 pm.
Participants are required to complete an online learning module prior to attending the workshop.
$130 per person
To meet enrolment requirements you must:
- be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English at a competent standard
- be able to physically perform the act of CPR on adult, child and infant resuscitation manikins placed on the floor (at least two minutes on each).
Nationally Recognised Training
South Brisbane2.5 hours
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Mater Education offers the nationally recognised Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certificate course, delivered by our team of expert instructors who have built their skills in the demanding and fast-paced hospital environment.
Multiple locations2.5 hours
Mater Mothers' First Aid for Babies
Mater Mothers’ Hospitals, in collaboration with Mater Education, is proud to offer a first aid course designed specifically for parents with babies.