This course is delivered as an e-learning module, with the option to participate in a face-to-face practical assessment afterwards.
The e-learning module covers the following topics:
- legal aspects of IV medication administration
- drug schedules and drug storage
- quality management
- minimising risk with IV Therapy and Medications
- abbreviation used in IV Therapy and Medications
- IV medication pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- IV medication calculations
- infusion therapy equipment
- documentation and IV management
- preparing IV medications
- IV fluids and vascular access devices
- blood transfusion and management
Practical simulation module (optional)
Upon completion of the e-learning module, participants may take part in a face-to-face practical assessment to consolidate their learnings. This may be delivered onsite at Mater Education, or with an educator in your current working environment.